They say, “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” Well, could not agree more after my experiential day hike in one of the aesthetic valleys of Switzerland.
Eiger Ultra trail- an introduction
Eiger Ultra trail near Grindelwald in Switzerland is an ideal trail for beginners and a good warm up for the experienced ones. Stretched over 6 kms, along the foot of the majestic Eiger north face, the path entertains the hiker with panoramic views, alpine pastures, wild streams, alluring waterfalls, comely gorges, dispersed glaciers and more- a perfect choice for the weekend. The trek reveals the epitome of elegance and beguile with captivating views of Lauberhorn, Kleine Scheidegg and the Grindelwald valley. Face the gigantic Eiger rock as you trek and you could be lucky to find the climbers all geared to capture the peak with metal ladders.
Also read: A day trip to Creux-du-van
- Eiger trail extends between Eigergletscher station and Alpiglen train station.
- It is better to buy the tickets from Grindelwald to access the mountain trains. The same mountain train goes till Jungfrau region.
- There is a restaurant at both the stations that offer good food and wine.
- The best time for the trail is said to be between July and October.
- It is approximately 2 hour trail.
- Hike up or hike down, dare and extend the hike to Grindelwald.
Here are the pictures of the trail that will definitely inspire you to be on the trek.